Training / Workshops
- To offer training and education in Geo-Informatics at par with International Standards.
- To produce qualified professionals in the field of Geo-Informatics with special emphasis on applications.
- To spread and popularize the use of Geo-Informatics.
- To identify new areas of applications with young innovative minds.
Considering the huge manpower requirement, a six story building is presently to house the Academy. At present the academy library is rich with books, various international and national journals on topics pertaining to Geo-informatics, GIS, Remote Sensing, Image Processing, Software development, Natural Resources, etc. There is also an e-Learning Center equipped with broadband connectivity.
- To provide a center of excellence in Geo-informatics Research and Development as well as Applications.
- To grow a body of trained Scientists/Engineers.
The Institute is also providing on the job training for project work to the students studying in final year in various disciplines viz. B.E. (CE/IT), MCA, Ph.D etc. The Institute organizes workshops/training on Applications of remote sensing and GIS for various State departments viz. SPIPA/R&B Department, academic institutions etc.
BISAG is establishing a Institute for Excellence, Academy of Spatial Technology, which shall cater various needs of the students community in the areas of education/technology development etc.
The Institute is also actively participating in exhibitions/seminars which are organized by national/international agencies, where the RS and GIS based applications are discussed and their relevance and importance are publicized for utilization and education.
Expert lectures of BISAG's Scientist are being organised in various academic institutions like NIRMA, DDIT, GJTI and CEPT.
GIS & REMOTE SENSING WORKSHOPS
BISAG conducts training and workshops for various government departments, organizations and Institutes. The workshops have resulted in bringing awareness amongst various officials.
The Institute is providing facility and guidance to the final year Engineering students from various colleges/institutions. About 900 students had under gone training/are under going project work at the Institute.