The main objectives as per the Memorandum of Association are:
To establish and to carry on the administration and management of the Bhaskracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geo-Informatics, BISAG Gandhinagar,so that the various planning & development activities pertaining to Agriculture, Soil and Land use, Urban Land use, Water Resources, Watershed, Marine applications, Forest and Environment, Geology as well as training of grass-root level functionaries through satellite communication etc. can be carried out effectively and economically.
With a view to achieve the stated objectives of the society, the activities of the Institute shall be to act as a nodal agency to help in the planning process related to natural resources and environment and to prepare baseline inventory of resources on a spatial format at different levels of details and hierarchy (scale, administrative/physical units).
Its main objectives are:
- To setup a State Natural Resource Management System (SNRMS).
- To develop approaches for integrated resources data management.
- To promote the use of SATCOM networks for distant interactive training and education in the State.
- To provide services/consultancy based on specific user needs in the field of Remote Sensing and GIS.
- To provide wider usage of geo-spatial applications through simultaneous support systems / software to concurrent users.