Standardization and Quality Control Cell
The maps and image data products generated from processing of geospatial data from various sources are used for variety of applications in the Government sectors. It is imperative that such data products are made available in a standard and quality controlled manner so that seamless interoperability across various users and departments is ensured. Standardization sets the specifications on size, shape, color codes, line thickness, legends etc.
The Quality control is a process which is followed in generating the maps and images in standard formats. The quality control software must not only check for various process parameters and their limits at every step against the standards and ranges of various parameters set a priority but also temporarily prompt the user and halt, if needed, the process of map/ the image product generation. At the end of the total process, the software will produce a table containing list quality control parameters, their values achieved and range permitted as per the standards set. Such a table must also contain the overall quality index.
The aims of Standardization and Quality Control cell are:
- School of Geo-informatics
- To serve map/image products to all users with pre-defined accuracy levels.
- To enable interoperability among various products and users of variety of disciplines.
- To save cost, time and effort.
- Maintain ISO standards and continuously improve these standards.
Improving the quality of Geo-spatial database:
- Develop standards, specifications, and information content to implement spatial data interoperability.
- Establish a Mechanism for regular updating of the geo-spatial database
- Develop tools for effective database management
- Visualization of future applications